Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

This morning has been perfect it seems so surreal.I don't have to be in to work until noon and although it's cloudy and on the verge of storming it's kind of peaceful. It's funny how the weather can effect our moods. There is scientific proof that the weather and the seasons can effect the mood and actions of people, some more that others. In the warmer months the number of crimes increase. There are far more suicides in the winter months. I am not certain that these winter suicides are because of seasonal depression or if due to the economic state people are just so depressed about not being able to provide a wonderful holiday season. Either way, I know we are all glad to look out our windows and see green plants and trees being nourished with rain rather than a blanket of blindingly white snow.

I am watching my son push his little play lawn mower and my daughter is telling me how the babydoll has brown eyes like we do. They are so young and innocent. Wednesday, a 3yo boy from a small neighboring town was shot to death by his 13 year old brother, the same day a young man was shot to death several streets away from my house. Now mind you I don't live in the ghetto but I also don't live in the burbs.the city I live in is small, no large office buildings or skyscrapers. These things are happening in cities that are small, to people I know. The little boy who was shot, he was shot in the face with a shotgun, not once but twice. You learn that most accidental shootings are single shots. This child was shot in the face, shootings to areas of the body like the heart and the face are crimes of passion or hatred. When you shoot someone in the face you have to want to, you can't accidentally shoot someone in the face twice. I know that there are many people in this world with problems mentally, but there have to be warning signs that your child is that disturbed. As a parent I have no idea what I would do if my daughter shot my son in the face and killed him. Greif for the child that you have lost is natural. But would you be able to forgive your other child? Would you be able to forgive him or would you maybe blame yourself for raising a monster? I am not sure but I am sure of one thing, there will be no guns in my home and I will strive to ensure that my children are aware of violence and that they love eachother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment